June 13, 2012
The following lines from the Neil Young’s song “On the Beach” basically sums things up for me at the moment……
“Though my problems are meaningless
That don’t make them go away”
January 18, 2012
Therefore now let us seek
To perceive simplicity,
To conserve beauty in the heart,
To curb selfishness and to have few desires.
Tao Te Ching
July 14, 2009
This quotation from Dovesteyvesky’s “The Grand Inquisitor” is used by Jeffrey Robbins in his introduction to the superb book “After the Death of God” , that includes essays and interviews with John Caputo and Gianni Vattimo.
May 19, 2009
This post forms part of a syncroblog on the “Kingdom of God”, please note the links to the other participants below:
- Susan Barnes (Christian currently attending a Baptist church) of Abooklook on My kingdom goes
- Timothy Victor (Christian) of Tim Victor’s Musings on The reign of Godde
- Ronald van der Bergh (Dutch Reformed) of Ronalds Footnotes on Notes on “the Kingdom of God” in the New Testament
- Nic Paton (fundamentalist, charismatic, liberationist, apophatic, heterodox) of soundandsilence on The “Kingdom”: of God?
- Beth Patterson (Non churched follower of Christ) of Virtual Tea House on What it’s like rather than what it is
- Jeff Goins (Non-denominational Christian) of Pilgrimage of the Heart on The Kingdom of God: Now and Not Yet
- Phil Wyman (Non-denominational Christian) of Square No More on Jesus as the Archetype Shaman (Part 2): A Nostalgia for Paradise
- Stephen Hayes (Orthodox Christian) of Khanya on Kingdom, power and glory
November 10, 2008
I turned the page on my diary this morning. ( yes, the type that you write in with a pen!!) I looked down to the bottom of the page and read the quote of the week……….
“The most satisfying thing in life is to have been able to give a large part of one’s self to others.” Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
September 25, 2008
” God is neither this nor that.”